In this invaluable article we will be sharing just a few ideas for business blogs/ articles, so if you’ve got writers block, pop the kettle on, put your feet up and let’s go…
Great so you want to start a blog? Something helpful or entertaining for your readers? We’ve ALL been there sitting, staring at the computer keyboard just willing the words to write themselves! So we decided to give you a few tips and tricks to help keep those creative juices flowing…
- Write about you– Show that you’re human, what are the people like behind the computer screen?
- How did you start the business? – People love to know where you’ve come from and how you started.
- Talk about something you’re passionate about– Passion will filter through the computer screen like water tumbling majestically through the rocks of the earth.
- Give something back– Tell your reader what kind of qualifications and experience they are likely to need if they want to succeed in the sector you are in, post links to resources they may find useful.
- Share your vision for the sector you are in.
- Talk about the negatives that your sector portrays and how you are different.
- Talk about your USP’s (Unique Selling Points).
- Choose a great client and do a feature on them.
- Talk about the things you want to change in the sector you are in.
- Give a breakdown of invaluable resources you have used in the past and give those people some recognition– who did your printing? who did your website?
- Let your readers know which was your most popular post and why you thought that was.
- Do you support a charity? If so, what is it? Can you set up a donation page?
- Company news is always a must. Every few weeks is probably enough.
- What do you do on a day off?
These are just a few ideas for blogs if you are stuck so we hope you found it easy to digest and more importantly useful in the long term. If you are looking for any kind of advice about your blog please don’t hesitate to contact me on the email link below, I would be happy to look over your blog and give you feedback.
This article was written by Kate Hazeldine, the Sales Director at Yellow Circle Web Solutions Limited. Kate has over 15 years experience in retail and marketing. If you would like to speak to Kate about how she can help your website generate more business email her.