Long gone are the days when JUST having a website for your business is enough. 😌 It takes only 5 seconds for someone who lands on your website to decide whether they like your website and not (yup, brutal, we know). Here at Yellow Circle, we believe your website should play an essential part in your sales and marketing! After all, it’s one of your best “salespeople”! 😉 But, just as your employees, your website requires time and resources to improve and be the best it can.
So, how would you know when it’s time to give your website a new lease of life. 👇
1. It’s hard to use. So, how does your website work on different devices? Is it a bit all over the place? 🤪 Here’s an interesting fact, did you know that 50.71% of users browse on a mobile and only 45% browse on a desktop. 📈 So, making sure your site works on both is key to driving much-wanted results.
2. You haven’t updated it in a while. Does your website give an impression that you’re still around? What’s the most recent blog post and, can you remember your login details? 🔐 Well, we think these questions can say a lot about how successful your website is. 🤫 Users want to see what you’re up to and that you’re busy! So, request a new password, update your website, or (maybe the best option) give us a call about a new one! 😌
3. Products and services have changed. Everything evolves. Do you now offer products or services that aren’t on your website? 👀 The last thing you want is to confuse users about what you do!
4. The design is outdated. How your website look speaks volumes. We’ve all heard the ‘don’t judge the book by its cover’ mantra; 📚 it can be easier said than done. 😶 As we already learned, users decide whether they like your website in as little as 5 seconds. So, making it looks and works at its best is essential.
5. The expiry date of a website. A well-designed website might feel timeless, but unfortunately, it’s not. Just like anything, it has an expiry date. On average, a website is due for a refresh every 4-5 years. 🤭
It’s a good idea to review and monitor your website each year to see how it performs. We highly recommend you check out Hubspot’s Website Grader, which gives you simple stats on how your website is doing! There are 100s of signs that it’s time to upgrade your website. However, every website is different.
We’re a team of designers and developers who create meaningful and purposeful websites. Want to find out our honest opinion on your site? We would love to chat with you; call our friendly team on 01782 279203. 👋