Firstly, what is employee advocacy?
Employee advocacy is the promotion of your business by your team online. Employee advocacy is an easy and affordable way to promote your business through social media. It applies to all business’ who have a small, medium or large team. In this post, we’ll be talking about the benefits of employee advocacy and how you can get started.
Why employee advocacy important
“Social media content shared by employees get 8x more engagement than from brand accounts”(<ahref=”https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/280371”>Entrepreneur)
By encouraging employee advocacy, you can:
- Raise brand awareness and reach a wider network
- Increase brand visibility
- Keep your brand at the front of mind
- Improve relationships
- Attract more leads
Capturing attention through business social media profiles can be more difficult for brands than individuals, encouraging your team to share the message is a great way to cut through the noise.
How to get started
- Determine what you want to achieve. Do you want more organic reach? Do you want to share company culture or encourage staff retention? Do you want more sales? Plan out your goal using SMART targets.
- Talk to your employees. Ask if they would be happy to share the business content on their social media (profiles can be personal and private. If so, agree to share on specific profiles, for example, LinkedIn). Consider an incentive and explain the benefits (e.g. positioning themselves as industry experts). Explain why you think it would be good for the business – how it can amplify your marketing efforts and generating new leads (maybe even show them this post 😉).
- Make sharing extremely easy. Do you have a work chat? Set reminders and know when your posts are going out. Share links with your team.
- Review the results. After a month, check to see posts views, engagement and direct leads (make sure to ask any new prospects where they found you).
Employee advocacy is easy to implement plus the benefits are endless. By encouraging your team to be advocates for your business – you will be increasing brand awareness and could potentially be generating more leads. We believe that people buy from people. We recommend you try it out and see how it works for your business.
If you would like assistance with building your social media platforms or help with content creations, feel free to get in touch